Friday, September 13, 2019

Crazy crazy crazy.

I asked, "why do we hold onto memories?"
"We don't hold onto them, they just don't go away..."

Crazy crazy crazy.

Crazy;

how one song can bring you to the
exact time, date and space from 4 years ago.

or how one song can rip your heart open again,
while you feel the buzzing waves in your temple.

Crazy;

how the mind can remember something so vividly
yet forget some things completely like it had never happened.

Crazy;

how you get a flash of old times,
and it starts unfolding itself in your head like flipping through an album
and you go "aha", that happened.

This part, I like the most.
I get to unravel sinful bittersweet memories
and it makes me smile while I'm behind the wheels.
I am reminded of evergreen moments and
I say to myself, I was living.

And I am still living to anticipate more memories.

Holding onto them and allowing them to stay?
Is it the same?

Holding still,
Fir.

[Asma, on Kuaci's bed, had her earphones plugged in and blasted our chosen sappy songs,]

No comments:

Post a Comment